Residents Ignore Fire Scare, Scoop Fuel From Fallen Tanker In Lagos

An explosion from two tankers loaded with petroleum products rocked the Sari Iganmu area of Lagos, Thursday night, destroying nine vehicles in the resultant inferno. The raging fire sent fear into residents of Moshood Abiola Way, opposite Fashola estate and Ijora, over possible escalation due to spillage of the combustive content.

However, no casualty was recorded according to the Lagos State Fire and Rescue Service, contrary to rumour that several persons were burnt to death. There were however different versions as to how the incident happened. An account said one of the trucks was stationed without a caution to alert oncoming vehicles. Driver of another truck collided with the parked truck and the impact of the collision ignited balls of fire.

Another account said a truck loaded with combustive substance was rolling back when an oncoming one loaded with detergent and sardines collided with it.

The Director Lagos State Fire and Rescue Service, Adeseye Margret, in a statement “Eleven vehicles were destroyed. They include: two tankers, one tipper truck, three trailers, three cars and two micro-mini buses popularly known as korope.

“While an earlier incident on the Lagos- Ibadan expressway was successfully completed having evacuated the tanker and bus without resulting to fire, same cannot be said with the Iganmu fire outbreak..

“But there was no life lost and no injury recorded, as occupants in the vehicles escaped unhurt. “The raging fire has been curtailed, the dampening of pockets of fire still continues, to allow for investigation that will reveal the cause and the evacuation of the carcass to bring about normalcy”.

A fully laden 45,000 liters tanker experienced a mechanical fault while ascending the quadrapont bridge. This led to its roll back, causing it to hit another tanker and a faulty container

Ex-NCC Chair, Prof Adeolu Akande kicks off N5m SME support fund In Itesiwaju, targets others

The former Chairman of the Nigerian Communications Commission(NCC) , Professor Adeolu Akande, has begun the fulfillment of 5m Naira SME support fund to Itesiwaju LG Indegenes.

Professor Akande had announced the Economic Development Support fund for SME in Itesiwaju LG of Oyo State Indegenes earlier on in the year.

The Professor of Comparative politics was represented at the launching of the first phase of the scheme in Otu, Itesiwaju LG headquarter by a Veteran Journalist, Mr Dejo Adebisi, an Indegene of Ipapo Town in Itesiwaju LG.

In his remarks, he advised the beneficiaries to use the funds prudently as they are the one that will manage and coordinate the scheme by them selves. He promised that the second face would come up before the end of the year.

He also said that plans are ongoing to extend the scheme to the rest of Okeogun and later to the rest of the state.

Other associates at the event are former Chairman of Itesiwaju LG, Hon Adisa Adeniji Olanrire , Former Excecutive Chairman of Itesiwaju LG, Hon Niyi Adeagbo, Former Chairman Inukan LCDA ( Ona Ara LG) , Hon Olanrewaju Adesina “Solution ” , Former Chairman, Oluyole LG,Hon James Adeleke, Former Special Assistant to Oyo State Governor, Hon Ademola Solalu , Hon Ajewole Elisha Atisbo,Hon Taofeek Barry White amongst other’s distributed the cash SME support funds to the beneficiaries.

The Beneficiaries across the 10 wards of Itesiwaju LG took turns to thank Professor Adeolu Akande usual gesture at all times, identifying with the community

They also pray for his ( Prof. Adeolu Akande) success always.

How we killed club owner seeking to have three-some sex ― Students

Two female students of Kwara State Polytechnic, Joseph Joy Adanma and Vandora Oreoluwa Favour, have disclosed how they killed a nightclub owner, Adeniyi Ojo, during a sexual escapade, in Ilorin, the state capital.

Speaking after they were paraded at the police headquarters in Abuja on Wednesday, October 11, 2023, Adanma revealed that they, during a sx romp, tied Ojo, the son of Chief Emmanuel Ojo, a prominent figure in Ilorin, to a hotel bed, stole his phones, and other belongings, and klled him.

Adanma disclosed that they attempted to steal from the deceased who wanted to have sex with her and her friend, Favour, but in the process, the man died.

She said she worked for the deceased in his nightclub for about three months in 2022 until the club was shut down by the government, marking the beginning of their relationship.

The suspect said she got her friend involved in the attempt to steal from Ojo when he requested to have sex with her.

The suspect disclosed that the initial idea was to lure him to have sex with them in his car, on the belief that they would find money in the car.

She however said they eventually ended up in a room where they tied the deceased on the pretense of having a sex rump, adding that when the deceased attempted to shout, they covered his mouth with a pillow.

The student further revealed that they attempted to drug the nightclub owner but failed in their bid.

Adanma, however, stated that they didn’t know that the man was dead when they left with his phone, saying they thought he was pretending to be asleep.

Speaking during their parade, the Force Public Relations Officer, ACP Olumuyiwa Adejobi, said: “On October 6, police operatives apprehended the two suspects, Adanma and Favour, who are both students of Kwara State Polytechnic for their involvement in the robbery and murder of Mr. Ojo.

“Through meticulous investigative work, our officers were able to track and apprehend these suspects in Mowe-Ibafo, Ogun State.

“In the tragic incident, the duo tied the deceased under the guise of having a sex rump and demanded money from him. But when he was not forthcoming, they resorted to drugging and suffocating him, leading to his untimely demise.

“They have been processed and will be charged to court shortly.”

President Tinubu Appoints Ola Olukoyede As New EFCC Chairman Few Days After Bawa’s Resignation

President Bola Ahmed Tinubu has appointed Ola Olukayode as the new EFCC Chairman week after news report that the suspended chairman of the Anti-Graft Agency, Abdularasheed Bawa, had been compelled to resign.

The statement on the recent appointment was conveyed by the Spokesman of the President, Ajuri Ngelale as read in part:

“By the powers vested in President Bola Tinubu as established in section 2 (3) of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (Establishment) Act, 2004, that “the Chairman and members of the Commission, other than ex-officio members, shall be appointed by the President,” President Tinubu has approved the appointment of Mr. Ola Olukoyede to serve as the Executive Chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) for a renewable term of four years in the first instance, pending Senate confirmation.

“Mr. Ola Olukoyede is a lawyer with over twenty-two (22) years of experience as a regulatory compliance consultant and specialist in fraud management and corporate intelligence. He has extensive experience in the operations of the EFCC, having previously served as Chief of Staff to the Executive Chairman (2016-2018) and Secretary to the Commission (2018-2023). As such, he fulfills the statutory requirement for appointment as Chairman of the EFCC.

“Mr. Olukoyede’s appointment follows the resignation of the suspended Executive Chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC), Mr. Abdulrasheed Bawa.

“Furthermore, President Bola Tinubu has approved the appointment of Mr. Muhammad Hassan Hammajoda to serve as the Secretary of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) for a renewable term of five years in the first instance, pending Senate confirmation.

“Mr. Muhammad Hassan Hammajoda is a public administrator with extensive experience in public finance management who holds a Bachelor of Science degree in Accounting from the University of Maiduguri and a Masters in Business Administration from the same university. He began his career as a lecturer at the Federal Polytechnic, Mubi. From there, he went into banking, including successful stints at the defunct Allied Bank and Standard Trust Bank.

“President Bola Tinubu tasks the new leadership of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) to justify the confidence given to them in this important national assignment as a newly invigorated war on corruption undertaken through a reformed institutional architecture in the anti-corruption sector remains a central pillar of the President’s Renewed Hope agenda”.

‘RCCG worldwide stand by you’, Adeboye backs Israel

General Overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church of God (RCCG) Pastor Enoch Adeboye has reacted to the ongoing Israel-Hamas war, saying all members of the Redeemed Christian Church of God, RCCG worldwide stand with the people of Israel.

Pastor Adeboye stated this in a video clip posted on his verified X handle on Wednesday.

The cleric, who noted that his prayers are with the people of Israel, said, “Hello my beloved brothers in Israel, I want you to know that we are praying for you, that all members of the Redeemed Christian Church of God all over the world are standing by you at this critical moment.

“The almighty God, the only one of Israel, will give you absolute victory and give you permanent peace from now on in the mighty name of Jesus.

“It is my prayer for all our brethren in Israel that the Almighty will grant you absolute peace from now on in Jesus name. #Israel #peace.”

Recall the Israel-Hamas war claimed hundreds of innocent civilian lives and with thousands of casualties since the war broke out on Saturday.

Labour Minister Suspends Agbede and Baruwa’s Factions of NURTW

Minister of Labour and Employment Simon Lalong has directed the suspension of all activities by the factions of the Nigerian Union of Road Transport Workers (NURTW) pending an amicable resolution of the dispute.

Oduduwa News reports that the minister’s directive is contained in a letter signed by Mr. Emmanuel Igbinosun, Director of Trade Union Services and Industrial Relations, on behalf of the minister and addressed to the National President of the union.

The letter noted that both factions in the dispute were notified about the development.

“In view of the above, the Honourable Minister has directed the suspension of all further activities by the factions of the NURTW pending an amicable resolution of the dispute,” the letter read.

“For the avoidance of doubt, all activities in furtherance of the election of new executives and related to the day-to-day operations of the union are suspended henceforth.”

The letter added that further directives would be communicated to the union on or before Friday, October 13, 2023.

The minister’s directive comes amidst a leadership crisis rocking the NURTW, which has led to clashes between the two factions.

Recently, a faction of the union led by Alhaji Tajudeen Agbede forcefully took over the National Secretariat of the union located at Garki 2 and dislodged the incumbent President, Alhaji Tajudeen Ibikunle Baruwa.

Baruwa and three other national officers of the union were recently detained in Abuja by the police over the leadership crisis rocking the union.

Encomium As Oyo Lawmaker, Olufunke Comforter Bags Chieftaincy Title In Ibadan

Politicians, traditional rulers, business moguls thronged Igbaro Town on Saturday, 7th of October, 2023 as Oyo lawmaker bagged chieftaincy title of ‘Aare Yeyeluwa’ of Igbaro Land.

Igbaro is a community in Lagelu Local Government of Oyo State.

The chieftaincy title conferred by the traditional ruler of Igbaro Community on member representing Ibadan North Constituency 1 at the Oyo State House of Assembly, Hon. Olufunke Comforter is significant because women are rarely given chieftaincy titles by traditional rulers in our society. The conferring of the revered chieftaincy title on her is, therefore, akin to an execution of a cultural revolution.

According to Onigbaro, Baale Olanrewaju Olalere, the awardees were selected based on their humanitarian services and their contributions to the society at large.

In her words, while speaking to the Correspondent of Oduduwa News, Hon. Comforter expressed her joy and gratitude to the people of Igbaro Community over the conferment of the noble title on her and thanked the traditional ruler of the town for counting her worthy of the title bestowed on her.

She was quoted as saying, “i feel elated when communities recognize my contributions to the society and deem it fit to honour me. I see it as a call to serve and this will reignite our passion to do more for the people of Oyo State”.

She however used the occasion to reiterate her commitment to use her current position as a Parliamentarian to champion the course of the downtrodden as well as a beacon of hope for the masses which is key and fundamental mechanism for bolstering the social mobility of the vulnerable populations and enabling them to advance beyond the confines of their economic and social class existence.

Among those who graced the occasion were politicians, traditional rulers, business men and women, amidst several others.

Jankara, Bombata, Pelewura markets will be demolished to ground zero – Lagos Govt declares

Jankara, Bombata and Pelewura markets in Lagos Island will be fully demolished to allow for urban regeneration of the area.

Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu spoke on Sunday when he inspected some drainage channels on the Island.

Sanwo-Olu said: “We have come here on a drainage and regeneration call. The entire stretch of Idumagbo Avenue is always flooded during the rainy season because of human activities, especially from the markets around the area. They have built on the canals and so prevented the free flow of water, so we need to do a total rebuild.

“Hence, to allow for a proper regeneration of the Lagos Island, Jankara and Bombata markets have to go, it will be a ground zero. This thus serves as a notice, the markets will be cleaned to allow our urban regeneration plans. The design for the new market is ready.

“We will however give adequate notice to those in Pelewura market because it has more traders, but this serves as the first notice.

“These markets have outgrown and outlived a market in a modern city so they must give way for urban models.”

Details later.

Yoruba Nation Agitator, Sunday Igboho Regains Freedom After Two Years

Yoruba Nation activist, Chief Sunday Adeyemo aka Sunday Igboho, has regained freedom after two years of trial by the Beninese government.

Igboho has now been released from protective custody in the neighbouring Republic of Benin, Tribune Online reports.

According to the Yoruba Nation leader, Prof. Banji Akintoye, Sunday Igboho’s release came a few hours’ ago and he is right now on his way to Germany to be reunited with his family.

‘Movie Producers Refused To Give Me Major Roles Because I Was Tagged Ugly’ – Funke Akindele

Nollywood actress and filmmaker, Funke Akindele has opened up on some of the challenges she encountered as a struggling actress.
Akindele disclosed that she was denied major roles because people tagged her as “not fine.”

The thespian disclosed this during an appearance on the latest episode of the TokeMoments podcast, hosted by Toke Makinwa.

Akindele said she lost major roles even in Yoruba indigenous movies because of her physique.

She recalled that actress Iyabo Ojo helped her several times during her altercations with filmmakers who turned her down because of her looks.

The ‘Jenifa Diary’ actress said producers were giving her just minor roles which made her cry.

“I remember people telling me, ‘You are not fine. You don’t have an ass. You don’t have boobs. You will not be in this film.

“And, I remember crying. A lot of times I would cry, break down, get into the bathroom and cry,” she recalled.

Study And Understand Contracts Before Signing Them – Akindele To Artists
Meanwhile, Akindele has advised young and up-and-coming artists to study and understand their contracts with their record labels.

Oduduwa News reports that Funke while speaking at the premiere of the Prime Video Five Part mini-series, titled, ‘She must be Obeyed’, held at Filmhouse, IMAX Cinema, Lekki, Lagos, said the content focuses on issues affecting young artists in the music industry.

The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) Lagos deputy governorship candidate in the 2023 election emphasised that artists must be educated, patient and careful in their quest for fame.

You cannot copy content of this page