Communal Clash: Stop Killing Your People, Ooni Appeals To Ilobu/Ifon Residents

The Ooni of Ife, Oba Adeyeye Ogunwusi, on Friday, appealed for an end to the tragic loss of life and destruction of properties in the wake of escalating tensions and violence between the Ifon and Ilobu communities in Osun State.

Ogunwusi, while addressing journalists urged both communities to put an end to the ongoing crisis over land disputes.

He said: “Ifon and Ilobu people, I appeal to you in the name of God, from the ancestral throne of Oduduwa.

“We are one people, one race. Let us halt the senseless bloodshed and the wanton destruction of property.

“I beg you with this throne , we came from this throne, so we are all the same, I use his throne to beg you, please don’t let it escalate further, be your brother’s keeper. God bless you. Why are we killing ourselves and destroying each other’s property? Let us stop the killings!”

Recall that at least eight people, including an infant, were said to have been killed in the latest communal clash between the communities in the early hours of Thursday.

The Osun State Governor, Ademola Adeleke, had consequently announced during a town hall meeting on Thursday in Osogbo that the disputed land had been taken over by his government.

He said: “I have given a directive that nobody should be seen on the disputed land.

“Anybody they see there should be arrested and prosecuted. The state government has taken over the disputed land.”

Tinubu’s Government Still Pays for Petrol Subsidy — PENGASSAN

The National President of the Petroleum and Natural Gas Senior Staff Association of Nigeria (PENGASSAN), Festus Osifo, has said that the Federal Government is still paying subsidy on petroleum.

Lagosreporters reports that this comes despite President Bola Tinubu’s declaration in his inauguration speech that the subsidy era was gone.

Osifo, who is also the President of the Trade Union Congress (TUC), said that due to the cost of crude oil in the international market and the dollar-to-naira rate, the government still pays subsidy for the product.

“They [government] are paying subsidy today,” he said on Channels Television’s Politics Today on Friday.

“In reality today, there is subsidy because as of when the earlier price was determined, the price of crude in the international market was somewhere around $80 for a barrel. But today, it has moved to about $93/94 per barrel for Brent crude. So, because it has moved, then the price [of petroleum] also needed to move,” the PENGASSAN boss added.

Osifo said the only way for the government to stop subsidising petroleum is to manage the exchange rate effectively and increase the supply of fuel.

“The only reason the price will not move is when you are able to manage your exchange rate effectively and you are able to pump in supply and bring down the exchange rate,” Osifo maintained.

“So, if the exchange rate comes down today, we will not be paying subsidy. But with the exchange rate value and the price of crude oil in the international market, we have introduced subsidy.”

The fuel subsidy has existed for some time and kept petrol prices artificially low. However, the measure costs the country billions annually, and its governments have promised to end it, including Tinubu. He eventually declared it ended, leading to a sharp increase in the commodity.

The president acknowledged the challenges facing Nigerians in the wake of the subsidy removal but,

MohBad died from injection administered to him by quack Nurse after sustaining injuries from fight with friend, PrimeBoy – Police

Lagos Commissioner of Police, Idowu Owohunwa, has said the late singer, Ilerioluwa Oladimeji Aloba popularly known as MohBad died from injuries sustained during a fight with his childhood friend, Ibrahim Owodunni popularly known as Primeboy, in Ikorodu.

Addressing the media on Friday, Owohunwa said MohBad and PrimeBoy got into a fight after a show in Ikorodu where the he had performed.

According to him: “At the end of the show, Mohbad and Ibrahim were engaged in a violent fight, during which Mohbad was injured. The management of the injury subsequently resulted in his death. So he is being treated as a suspect.”

Internet Scam: Production Warrant Issued Against Naira Marley As EFCC Reopens Case File

Justice Nicholas Oweibo of the Federal High Court sitting in Ikoyi, Lagos, on Friday , October 5, 2023, issued a production warrant against Nigerian singer, Azeez Fashola, also known as Naira Marley.

Naira Marley is being prosecuted by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, on 11-count charges bordering on conspiracy and credit card fraud.

At the resumed sitting today, counsel to the defendant, Olalekan Ojo, SAN informed the court that the defendant was unavoidably absent from court owing to his being detained by the Police for interrogation in respect of the murder of Ilerioluwa Oladimeji Aloba, also known as Mohbad. Ojo, therefore, prayed the court for an adjournment of the trial.

Responding, prosecution counsel, Bilkisu Buhari, however, prayed the court to issue a production warrant against the defendant to ensure his presence in court on the next adjourned date.

Justice Oweibo granted the prayers of the prosecution counsel and issued a production warrant against the defendant.

The judge further adjourned the matter till October 30, 2023 for continuation of trial.

Ogun Begins Payment Of New Salaries To Beneficiaries of 2021 Promotion

In fulfilment of his promise to implement the payment of incremental salary of the 2021 Promotion in September, the Governor of Ogun State, Prince Dapo Abiodun has approved the immediate payment of new salary to beneficiaries of the 2021 Promotion.

The State Head of Service, Mr. Kolawole Fagbohun made this known in his office at Oke-Mosan, Abeokuta while fielding questions from journalists.

He said the 2021 and 2022 promotion letters were released to deserving Civil/Public Servants of the State in August 2023 with the assurance that the implementation of 2021 will take effect from September while that of 2022 in December.

“The implementation, which represents the government’s demonstration at enhancing the welfare of Public Service and ensuring the healthy wellbeing of its workers, further complements government efforts in the ‘Building Our Future Together’ Agenda of the present administration” he noted.

Mr. Fagbohun added that while the implementation of 2022 promotion is expected in December, ‘’the State government, under the leadership of Prince Abiodun has embarked on various people-oriented policies and programmes, some of which are pivotal to his commitment towards the welfare and motivation of workers’’.

The Head of Service said others are directed towards providing succour for the petrol subsidy removal by the Federal Government which included, the renewal of the State Public Service via the appointment of key personnel, allocation of Official Vehicles to Government Officials, approval of Site and Services for Civil/Public Servants, payment of hazard allowance to health workers, payment of peculiar allowance to deserving workers, and release of Compressed Natural Gas (CNG) bus to workers.

He further enumerated the efforts of the government in the area of workers’ welfare including payment of ₦10,000 cash palliative for Public Servants for a period of three months, approval of the Consolidated Legislative Salary Structure for Parliamentary Staff Association of Nigeria (PASAN), various training initiatives for middle and management level officers.

Others are the constitution of various Committees to develop an induction/orientation manual, review of the Public Service Rules and the Financial Regulations, and approval to replace top-level Officers retiring from the Public/Civil Service at entry levels, among others.

Mr. Fagbohun said the Governor had also extended magnanimity to the pensioners through the;

  1. Implementation of the minimum pension of ₦10,000.00 to both the State and Local Government Pensioners,
  2. The inauguration of a Committee on Pension Consequential Adjustment to review upward the Pensioners’ monthly pension across board, and to align with the economic reality,
  3. Payment of monthly pension to Fifteen Thousand, Four Hundred and Ninety-Six State pensioners as at when due,
  4. Upward review of the quarterly release of gratuity from Six Hundred Million Naira (₦600,000,000.00) to One Billion Naira (₦1,000,000,000.00),
  5. Distribution of palliatives to the citizens of the State including State Pensioners,
  6. The commencement of the direct payment of ₦10,000.00 palliative from July 2023 to State Pensioners and;
  7. Individual approvals of fund for Pensioners with urgent medical needs/surgery.

The Head of Service enjoined workers in the State to reciprocate the kind gestures of the Governor at enhancing the quality of the Civil/Public Service by being more dedicated and committed to their duties, and performing their responsibilities conscientiously, while equally providing all necessary support, toward the continued actualisation of the ISEYA mantra of the present administration.

OYCSDA Disburses N159million To Eleven Communities For Micro Projects

The Oyo State Government, through the State’s Community and Social Development Agency (OYCSDA) has disbursed the sum of #159,458,373.75 (One Hundred and Fifty-Nine Million, Four Hundred and Fifty-Eight Thousand, Three Hundred and Seventy-Three Naira, Seventy-Five Kobo to eleven communities in the State for various micro projects.

The projects include building or renovation of blocks of classrooms with furniture, drilling of boreholes, construction or renovation of community health centers among others.

The disbursement of cheques to the Community Project Management Committees (CPMCs) was done during a two-day training for the CPMC members at Ibadan on Thursday after the participants have been taken through the capacity building and training, under the Nigeria Covid-19 Action Recovery and Economic Stimulus (NG-CARES) programme.

The selected eleven benefiting communities across Oyo State are Ajinde 2 Community at Ibadan South-West Local Government, Otesin-Maye community, Oyo East Local Government, Olohunde-Ige community at Oluyole Local Government, Ajumose Community at Iseyin Local Government, Ore-Ofe Community at Olorunsogo Local Government and Ifelanilo Community at Ibarapa North Local Government.

Others include Ayekale Kalubi community at Oriire Local Government, Aseyori community at Oyo West, Oloro-Olomo community at Ido Local Government, Alaseyori community at Igbojaye, Itesiwaju Local Government and Alubarika/Asabari community at Asabari LCDA, Saki.

In his words, the General Manager, Oyo State Community and Social Development Agency (OYCSDA), Mr Salaudeen Jelili said the training was targeted at equipping Community Project Management Committee of all the benefiting communities, who were democratically elected by their community members on ways to implement the projects in their domains.

He added that each of the communities will be paid Fifteen Million Naira for their micro projects, noting that 2.5% contribution by each community will be added to the 97.5% contribution of the State government to engender sense of ownership of the project.

“We are here today to conduct community project management committee training and project launch, the committee is the implementation committee, democratically elected by the people of the community to implement the projects.

“The budget limit for each of these micro intervention projects is #15million, the community will contribute 2.5% of the amount while the State government will release 97.5% to make it 100% as entailed in community-driven development projects approach, so that the community will have the sense of ownership, maintain the project and sustain it.

“Note that during and after the completion of these projects, it is the responsibility of OYCSDA is to monitor, technically advise, guide and evaluate for sustainability,” he told newsmen.

Among the people that attended the training event were members of State CARES Coordinating unit and representative of the State’s anti-corruption agency, OYACA.

In his words, the Baale Olohunde-Ige community in Oluwole local government, Ibadan, Chief Folorunsho Ige, appreciated the Oyo State Governor, Engr. Seyi Makinde, for what he called an encompassing developmental strides in the urban and rural communities.

Chief Ige called on the benefiting communities not to disappoint the State government by failing to deliver the projects to time and with quality materials, which he said will ensure its sustainability.

Signed:

Alhazan Abiodun R.

Project Public Relations Officer,

Oyo State Community and Social

Development Agency (OYCSDA),

Ibadan.

Friday 6th October, 2024.

Teachers’ Day: We ‘ll Recruit More Teachers In Oyo State – Makinde

Oyo State Governor, Engr Seyi Engr Seyi Makinde has restated the commitment of his administration towards recruiting more teachers for all the State-owned schools.

Makinde gave the assurance on Tuesday in commemoration of the World Teacher’s Day.

The Governor appreciated all teachers in the state adding that they will get their rewards both on earth and in heaven.

Oduduwa News quoted the Governor as stating, “On this World Teachers’ Day celebration 2023, we reaffirm our commitment to recruiting more teachers for our state-owned schools in Oyo State.

Mohbad’s Friend, PrimeBoy Surrenders Self To Police 24 Hours After Being Declared Wanted

This was disclosed in a statement by the Police Public Relations Officer in Lagos, Benjamin Hundeyin, in an X post on Thursday.

According to the statement, Primeboy has been immediately taken into custody for interrogation and other necessary action.

The Lagos State Police Command reiterated its commitment to the family, friends, fans of Mohbad and the general public to not leave any stone unturned in ensuring a most diligent investigation.

The Command equally affirmed that all persons found culpable in the death of Mr Ilerioluwa Aloba aka Mohbad will definitely be brought to justice.

“Following his being declared wanted, Owodunni Ibrahim Oluwatosin aka Primeboy has turned himself in. He has, immediately, been taken into custody for interrogation and other necessary actions.”

“The Command equally assures that all persons found culpable in the death of Mr Ilerioluwa Aloba aka Mohbad will definitely be brought to justice,” he said.
Following his being declared wanted, Owodunni Ibrahim Oluwatosin aka Primeboy has turned himself in. He has, immediately, been taken into custody for interrogation and other necessary actions.

Oyo Partners Chinese Firm on Rehabilitation of Asejire, Eleyele Water Schemes

The North China Construction Nigeria Limited has expressed readiness to partner with the Oyo State Water Corporation on the rehabilitation of Asejire and Eleyele Water Supply Schemes.

The firm made the assertion recently during a visit of its delegates, led by the Chairman, Wu Guoqi.

Speaking on behalf of the firm, The Chairman, China Construction, Wu Guoqi and Managing Director, Dr Osadebe Osakwe showed interest in other projects scattered across the State, so as to work to optimum capacity.

The duo added that the China Construction is ready to collaborate in reconstruction of water reservoirs and laying of pipes to designated areas across the State.

They also added that the schemes of the Corporation can be useful for irrigation, which would in turn boost the economy of the State and provision of employment.

Reacting, the Chairman, Oyo state Water Corporation, Hon. Elias Adeojo said the State Government is experiencing developmental strides, due to the leadership strides of Engr. Seyi Makinde, who has turned Oyo State to investors’ delight.

He noted that the Governor has provided enabling environment for businesses to thrive and that the State is opened to accommodate more interested investors.

Breaking: Houses Razed, Sporadic Gunshots Rented Air As Fresh Communal Clash Hits Ilobu-Ifon Communities

The people of Ifon-Osun, Osun State have been entangled in a lingering communal clash with their neighboring town, Ilobu, for many years.

These peace-loving Ifon people had to retire to their beds earlier yesterday (04/10/2023) evening in compliance with the dusk-to-dawn curfew declared by the State Government.

However, few hours after the commencement of the curfew , there was a renewed attacks by the people of the two communities as earlier today many houses, shops were seen razed to ashes in Ifon community.

Recall, the state government declared curfew in both communities to prevent total break down of laws and orders in both communities but there seems to be a resurgence of attacks in the two communities.

According to an eyewitness who spoke under condition of anonymity, it was learnt that the renewed attacks started yesterday night and continued till this morning as some irate youths allegedly stormed Ifon in their hundreds and started attacking Ifon people and their properties.

Though, no life was said to have lost in the recent attacks but it was confirmed to us that some residents sustained injuries.

As at the time of filing this report, the Osun State Police has not released official statement on the renewed attacks.

You cannot copy content of this page