Amotekun Arrests Notorious Highway Robber In Osun

A suspected armed robber, notorious for disturbing commuters along the Osu/Ondo expressway, has been apprehended by the joint patrol team of Osun and Ondo States operatives of the Western Security Network, Amotekun, in the early hours of Friday, December 31, 2021.

According to the information, the suspect was arrested while trying to perpetrate another robbery along the road, with other gang members.

The arrest was carried out when Amotekun personnel who were on surveillance around the axis saw them operating on the road.

It was gathered that on sighting Amotekun personnel, the gang of armed robbers fled into the bush and one of them was apprehended.

Recall that on Wednesday, a J5 bus that was traveling from Lagos State with two passengers and conveying valuables, was attacked at Osu/Ondo expressway.

One of the victims of the armed robbery was rescued and the armed robbers dislodged by Amotekun personnel who were on patrol during the yuletide, but the driver of the J5 bus remained missing.

Upon interrogation, the arrested suspect, who confessed that he had been operating with others on the road for a long time, revealed that their weapon of choice was made out of wood which was structured in the form of a semi automatic rifle.

Operation Burst Raid Criminal Hideouts, Recover Stolen iPhones, Urge Victims To Come With Proof Of Ownership

ODUDUWA NEWS has gathered that men of the Oyo State Joint- Security Task Force codenamed Operation Burst have raided criminal hideouts at Sabo area in Ibadan and recovered some stolen Apple phones from a suspect on the spot.

The security outfit said the recovery was made during its raids on black spots and hideouts for criminals in Ibadan.

Confirming the development, the Director General of Oyo State Joint Security Task Force, Operation Burst, Colonel James Oladipo (rtd), said twenty-three Apple-phones were recovered from the suspect.

Oladipo noted that the development was part of the outfit’s efforts to protect lives and property in the state, especially during the ‘Ember months’.

“We have been on the trail of criminals who have been terrorising citizens and residents at strategic locations, especially in Sabo area of the state,” he said.

Oladipo therefore called on victims who were recently robbed of their Apple-phones, otherwise known as I-Phones within Ibadan, to come forward with proof of ownership to reclaim them.

The director general, while assuring the public of the task force’s immediate response to distress calls, urged them to give useful information that will aid security agencies in performing its duties.

Stop Patronizing Hawkers of Herbal Concoctions, The Substance Kills – NAFDAC Warns

The National Agency for Food and Drug Administration and Control (NAFDAC) has again warned Nigerians against patronizing hawkers of herbal concoctions.

The Director-General of NAFDAC, Mojisola Adeyeye, who gave the warning on Wednesday in Lagos, said the medicines lacked storage standards.

“Liquid herbal concoctions start growing bacteria, especially after four or five days.

“Even if the herbal concoction has some medicinal properties, the bacteria will kill the person first that is taking it,” she said.

The NAFDAC boss said that any drug being hawked on the streets or in buses should be avoided because of the uncertainty of its source.

Ms Adeyeye, however, said some of the herbal medicines work but consumers must ensure that they pass NAFDAC’s safety and efficacy tests.

“Many of our herbal medicines work but we have to do a lot of research to show how they work, at what level we are supposed to be taking them so that it will not get to the toxicity level.

The DG particularly cautioned against the use of performance-enhancing drugs because of the danger it poses for many unsuspecting men.

“Many men have died using performance-enhancing drugs because if they use them and they have heart problems or have ‘X’ type of ailment, it can easily kill,” she said.

Ms Adeyeye said the agency would continue to use the multifaceted approach it adopted, which includes strengthening the pharmaceutical industries, to ensure that the citizenry is protected from fake, substandard or contaminated foods and drugs.

Birthday: Eruwa Poly Council Chairman Felicitates With Makinde, Describes Him As A Symbol Of Development

The Governing Council Chairman of the prestigious Adeseun Ogundoyin Polytechnic Eruwa, Professor Samuel Ogunwale Ogundiran, has rejoiced with the Executive Governor of Oyo State HE Engr. Seyi Making on his 54th birthday anniversary.

The Council Chairman in his birthday statement made available to newsmen this morning, as read in part:

“I rejoice with the peace loving Governor of Oyo State for adding another meaningful year to his years on Earth with uncommon achievement and contribution to mankind. It’s crystal clear that, the Executive Governor of Oyo State is a symbol of development, an icon of humanity and a builder of intelligent leaders, who has made significant impacts in oyo state and Nigeria at large”

Speaking further on the impacts of the Executive Governor of Oyo State in Education Sector, he appreciated his commitment towards development. “It’s obvious that the accelerated development in Oyo State Education Sector and peaceful coexistence among the civil servant from primary to Tertiary institutions, could be attributed to the leadership acumen and initiatives of the Executive Governor of Oyo State.

However, the Chairman Governing Council Prof. Samuel Ogundiran on behalf of the entire Council members, Staff Management, and Students of Adeseun Ogundoyin Polytechnic Eruwa, convey their Celebration message to the Executive Governor of Oyo State on his birthday celebration. While extending his best wishes, he appreciated him for giving him the opportunity to serve as the council chairman of AOPE.

He wished Egnr Seyi Makinde, Happy birthday and many happy returns in sound health and more prosperity.

Divorce: We’re probing possible hacking of Olori Naomi’s Instagram page, says Ooni’s palace

The palace of Ooni of Ife, Oba Adeyeye Ogunwusi, says it is probing possible hacking of Olori Naomi’s Instragam page.

It denied knowledge of the report that the marriage between the monarch and his wife has ended.

Olori Naomi had announced through her social media handles on Thursday that her marriage to Ogunwusi has ended.

But in his first official reaction to the claim, the Director of Media and Strategy, Ooni’s palace, Moses Olafare, said as of Wednesday evening, Ogunwusi and Naomi went to bed as husband and wife.

According to him, separation in marriage cannot be done by one of the parties, stressing that probe will be launched into whether or not Instagram page of Naomi was hacked.

Olafare, during an interview with our correspondent, said, “Separation is a two-way affair, it is not something that is announced by one party. The announcement of separation is subject to agreement by both parties.

“The palace is not aware of such separation because we all went to bed last night (Wednesday) the two being the king and queen.

“So, if by this morning, the queen went to social media to write that she is no longer in marriage with Ooni, we will look into it to see whether or not the Instagram page truly belongs to her, and to know the reason behind it.

“But as of today, this moment, the palace is not aware of the separation. Marriage is a private affair, no matter how prominent the personalities involved, it is a private affair.

“We will dig deeper and know what happened, but like I said, all of us just woke up to read about the separation on social media.

Even by this time yesterday, (Wednesday) kabiyesi was still packaging special gift for her.

“If you want to separate with someone, you cannot be packaging gift for her. I was aware that Kabiyesi was putting special Christmas gift together for her. If he is not in love with her, he cannot be doing that. In fact, the Christmas gift has been delivered to her already.”

My Collapsed Marriage With Ooni Of Ife Was Not An Arranged One -Olori Silekunola

Olori Naomi Silekunola, mother of the prince of Ife, Tadenikawo, in her divorce notes has denied that her collapsed marriage to the Ooni of Ife, Oba Enitan Ogunwusi, was an arranged one.

She also debunked some other rumours about the failed marriage, including the fact that she was introduced to the Ooni by a prophetess, the number of pregnancies, she had had and other incorrect “impressions.”

She said, contrary to rumours, she wasn’t leaving because of another woman as the monarch had always had “side attractions but it was never an issue.”

On how they were introduced, she said, “The marriage was not an arranged one, as many have misconstrued. I never knew the prophetess said to have introduced me to him. Instead, he introduced her to me after I agreed to marry him. I was only being polite out of respect for him.”

Regarding rumours on previous pregnancies, she said, “I have never been pregnant all my life before Tadenikawo. My son is my first ever pregnancy with medical reports to back it up. The girl who is said to be my daughter is my niece.”

On Thursday, Olori Silekunola announced the end of her three-year marriage to the Ife monarch. The marriage produced a prince, Tadenikawo.

The Ooni had been previously married to Queen Zaynab-Otiti Obanor and has a 29-year-old daughter from a previous relationship.

4-Week Old Baby, 3 Others Die In Gas Tanker Accident In Ibadan

Pandemonium broke out in Mokola Roundabout, Ibadan, Oyo State on Thursday as a truck laden with Gas crushed 4-week old baby and three other persons to death while four people were injured.

The fatal accident, according to the Executive Chairman of the Oyo State Road Transport Management (OYRTMA), Mogaji Akin Fagbemi said the accident occurred at 11:20am involving a gas tank (richbam) with registration number: MAP810YY, two Micra cars and four motorcycles.

According to Fagbemi, the cause of the accident was as a result of brake failure. His words:

“Immediately the accident occurred, OYRTMA officials rescued three victims and were quickly rushed to UCH, why two people were removed from the trap of truck and the corpses had been deposited at Adeoyo hospital.

” The rescue operations were done by OYRTMA in collaboration with the Nigeria Police, Road Safety, Civil Defence and Operation Burst.

The vehicles involved had been removed from the road and were towed to mokola police station for further investigation.”

Ekiti Prison Overcrowded, Housing 700 Inmates Instead Of 400 Inmates – Controller

The Nigerian Correctional Centre in Ado-Ekiti is bursting at the seams, says its prison controller, Ojo Olayemi.

The prison controller disclosed this while conducting the Ekiti Chief Judge, John Adeyeye, round the facility.

The chief judge freed 69 awaiting trial inmates at the prison.

Mr Olayemi explained that the facility was designed to house less than 400 inmates but had almost been overstretched by accommodating about 700 inmates.

He urged the judge to encourage Magistrates to use non-custodial sentences, such as community services, which will drastically help decongest prisons.

Mr Adeyeye granted the inmates freedom on Thursday, during his first official visit to the prison in Ado Ekiti since assumption of duty in June.

The freed inmates were convicted of burglary and stealing and had stayed in prison beyond the stipulated jail terms.

Five hundred and thirty-eight cases were reviewed, 11 females and 527 males.

Also, 45 inmates were released unconditionally, 19 were released on bail, four were released on the advice of the director of public prosecutions for having no case to answer, one case was struck out, and three bail conditions were varied.

The chief judge advised the freed inmates to be of good behaviour.

Mr Adeyeye commended stakeholders in the administration of justice, especially the judges, magistrates, lawyers, police and others, for their patient and cooperation.

He also lauded the controller and his men for keeping a clean and healthy environment, making the facility conducive for the inmates.

Mr Olayemi thanked the judge for the timely visit, adding that the visit would immensely alleviate the suffering of the inmates.

He appealed to Mr Adeyeye to make his visit a regular exercise.

Couple Arrested For Allegedly Selling One-Month Old Baby For N50,000 In Ogun

Operatives of the Ogun State Police Command have arrested the father and mother of a one-month-old baby for selling the baby to another woman for N50,000.

The couple was arrested on Thursday at Ilara area of Ode Remo, in Remo North Local Government Area of Ogun State.

Abimbola Oyeyemi, the state police command spokesperson confirmed the development to Journalists on Sunday, December 19, 2021.

According to him, Onyebuchi Eze and his wife, Oluchi Eze were arrested apprehended following information received by officers at Ode Remo divisional headquarters, that the couple, who live at Ayegbami street, Ilara Remo, had “willingly sold their one-month-old baby to a woman” now at large.

Consequently, the DPO of Ode Remo, CSP Olayemi Fagbohun, was said to have detailed his detectives to the area and got the suspects arrested.

On interrogation, Oyeyemi revealed that the suspects confessed that “one Mrs Ruth Obajimi directed the yet-to-be-identified buyer to them” on December 14.

“They stated further that the woman told them that she is from the human rights office and that she will help them to foster their child.

“The woman then gave them the sum of N50,000 and they handed over the baby to her despite not knowing her from Adam,” the police image maker said, adding that efforts are being geared towards apprehending the said woman to recover the baby.

Meanwhile, the State Commissioner of Police, Lanre Bankole, had directed that the couple be immediately transferred to the anti-human trafficking and child labour unit of the state CIID for further investigation.

Bankole also ordered a massive manhunt for the buyer of the baby.

Nollywood Actor, Ibrahim Chatta Cries Out, Says He’s Suffering From Depression

It seems Nollywood actor, Ibrahim Chatta is passing through some challenges which he has refused to disclose to those close to him.

The actor has taken to social media to lament about his ordeal which many have described as touching and heart-wrending

According to him, he has been living in frustration for sometime now but he has been pretending as if everything was okay. He stated that he is now a depressed man and cried to his maker to save him.

“Oh God please, I have been living in frustration for sometime now, pretending like everything is okay. Now, I am depressed, dear lord, please save me”

Many who saw his post have been offering their support while praying for him to overcome his challenges.
One of his ex, Olayinka Solomon is among those who offered him a shoulder to lean on.

And many of his fans have tagged popular comedian, Bayegun Oluwatoyin also known as Arole, who is close to the actor to reach out to him before it is too late.

Ibrahim Chatta has not been active on social media for a couple of weeks now. Which is quite unusual of the talented act. The few times he makes an appearance on social media is to celebrate his colleagues and friends marking their birthday. He has not been posting anything personal except the cryptic message he posted recently.

You cannot copy content of this page