Comedian Cute Abiola Served One-Month In Detention For Violating Armed Forces’ Social Media Policy – Navy

The Nigerian Navy has freed online Comedian, Abdulgafar Ahmad, aka Cute Abiola, from detention.

Naval spokesperson, Commodore Suleman Dahun, confirmed the development on Friday.

Cute Abiola was said to have been missing on Monday, November 15, 2021, when his colleague in the comedy industry, Debo Adedayo aka Mr Macaroni, raised the alarm that he was nowhere to be found after reporting at his office in Navy Town, Lagos, that same day.

Two days after the alarm was raised, Dahun had announced that the funnyman wasn’t missing but was detained for contravening the military laws by posting a video of himself in military uniform on social media, an act which is said to be in violation of the armed forces’ social media policy.

Dahun had also added that the comedian failed to show up when called upon to explain himself but only returned after the expiration of his leave on November 15, 2021, and was put behind bars the same day.

On Friday, the naval spokesman maintained that Ahmad knowingly violated the armed forces’ social media policy but was given a punishment after he was tried for misconduct and indiscipline.

He added that the funnyman is no longer in the naval detention as he has been released to serve his punishment.

Oyo Govt Dispels Rumour of Students Turned Yam Tuber

Following a wide spread rumour at early hour on Friday 3rd December, 2021 that two students of Bashorun High School Bode- wasinmi Ibadan turned yam tubers after taken N1000.

The state Commissioner for Education Science and Technology Barrister Abiodun Abdu-Raheem swung into action, went straight to the school to ascertain the authenticity of the information.

According to information gathered, the suspected man (apprehended) was sent to deliver two yam tubers and ten pampers at sango by one Alhaja at the neighborhood who confirmed this by showing the remaining four yam tubers.
The Commissioner while addressing both the parents and the students at the school premises advised all to always be patient and confirm information before raising false alarm to confuse the public and creating unnecessary tension.

Barrister Abdu-Raheem said the information is baseless and untrue. He therefore assured students and the public of government commitment to security and safety in the state.

Breaking: Court Of Appeal Frees Founder Of Sotitobire Church, Alfa Babatunde

The Court of Appeal siting in Akure, Ondo state capital has set aside the judgment of the Ondo state high court that sentenced the founder of the Sotitobire Praising Chapel.

An Ondo State High court had sentenced the Prophet to life imprisonment over the disappearance of one- year -old boy, Gold Kolawole in his church in 2019.

The Sotitobire founder had asked the appeal court to nullify his life sentence conviction by the court.

The court ruled that the circumstantial evidence the high court based its judgement is not enough to convict him.
He was therefore discharged and acquited

“I Was Fortified With Charms By My Father Before I Moved To Lagos” – Convicted Robber

A traffic robber arrested by the Decoy Team of Rapid Response Squad (RRS) in a sting operation around Otedola Bridge and Ojodu – Berger, last week Friday, has disclosed that his father fortified him with charms before leaving the village for Lagos.

The convicted robber, Samuel Adetomi (18) was arrested at Otedola Bridge by RRS team in traffic. He was in company of about four other suspects, trying to rob a motorist when he was arrested.

While his three other colleagues who sighted the plain cloth officers on time escaped, Adetomi couldn’t make it out of the scene on time, hence, his arrest.

It took more than six policemen to subdue, handcuff him at the scene.

He revealed that he sells bottled water in traffic and rob at night, adding that he sleeps under Ojodu – Berger foot bridge at night.

He added that the several diagonal incisions all over his body as well as the ring found on his toe were part of the fortification with charms his father made him go through before leaving Abeokuta for Lagos.

The operation was part of the festive period’s sting operation ordered by Commander, Rapid Response squad (RRS), CSP Olayinka Egbeyemi in selected spots within the metropolis, to stem the incidences of traffic robbery.

CSP Egbeyemi while re – echoing the directives of Commissioner of Police, CP Hakeem Odumosu noted that more security strategies would be deployed to reduce crime during the festive period.

Recovered from him were charms and hard drugs.

Adetomi, who was transferred to the court for prosecution on the order of the Commissioner of Police, was sentenced to four months imprisonment.

Peace Walk: LASU Students Vow To Walk With Sanwo-Olu

Lagos State University (LASU) students on Thursday expressed their readiness to participate in the proposed Peace Walk, being organised by the State Government to herald the healing of Lagos in the aftermath of last year’s EndSARS protests in the State.

The students of the state-owned tertiary institution who came out in large numbers to welcome the Governor, who is also the Visitor of the institution, said they have all resolved to participate in “A Walk for Peace” with the Governor for peace and prosperity of the State.

LASU students made their resolve on the Peace Walk known through their Student Union President, Comrade Oladipupo Uthman Badmus on Thursday during the sitting of the Students Representatives Council, the legislative arms of the Students Union Government.

The sitting was the first Council session to be held at the newly built Students Arcade of the school, which was commissioned by Governor Sanwo-Olu on Thursday.

The LASU Students Arcade is the largest Student Union Building in any Nigerian tertiary institution.

Speaking during the sitting, which was witnessed by Governor Sanwo-Olu, the Vice Chancellor of LASU, Prof. Ibiyemi Tunji-Bello, Special Adviser to Governor on Education, Mr. Tokunbo Wahab and members of the institution’s Governing Board, among others, President of the Student Union, Comrade Oladipupo Uthman Badmus and Speaker of the Students Representatives Council, Rt. Hon. Mustapha Adejuwon, who led students to welcome Governor Sanwo-Olu described him as Youth-Centric Governor.

They commended the Governor’s giant strides in Lagos State, especially in the education sector.

“To Mr. Governor, Sir, it is what you signed up for but we are indebted to you. Be rest assured, whenever you walk, we will walk with you. We will be by your side. Whenever you run, we will run with you to the end,” Badmus assured on behalf of LASU students.

Governor Sanwo-Olu who had the first session with the Students Representatives Council, charged the students to join hands with the State Government and LASU management for the institution to make it competitive among notable universities in the world.

Governor Sanwo-Olu during the sitting announced a donation of two brand new big buses to the Student Union to ease movement around the campus as well as other gadgets and equipment for students’ use.

He said: “I want to tell you that we are in this journey together and together, we will build the biggest university in the whole of Africa and it will compete with the greatest universities in the entire world.

“I feel highly honoured that all of you have turned out in large numbers to come and see the possibilities of what we can do collectively.

“This arcade will provide the right atmosphere for the leadership of the Student Union of LASU and opportunity for students management better relationship. It would provide an opportunity to engage with the wonderful youths in LASU, because this is also a building to develop the future leaders that are leaders here today.”

CAPTIONS:

PIX 1 L-R: Lagos State Governor, Mr. Babajide Sanwo-Olu (second right) cutting the tape to commission the new Student Union Arcade at the Lagos State University, LASU, Ojo, on Thursday, December 2, 2021. Behind him is the Special Adviser on Education, Barr. Tokunbo Wahab and Vice Chancellor of LASU, Professor Ibiyemi Olatunji-Bello (second left) and others.

PIX 2: Newly commissioned Student Union Arcade at Lagos State University, Ojo by Lagos State Governor, Mr. Babajide Sanwo-Olu, on Thursday, December 2, 2021.

PIX 3 L-R: Vice Chancellor of Lagos State University (LASU), Professor Ibiyemi Olatunji-Bello, watches as Lagos State Governor, Mr. Babajide Sanwo-Olu receives a plaque from the Speaker of the Students Union Representatives, Rt. Hon. Mustapha Adejuwon and President of the Student Union Government, Comrade Oladipupo Uthman Badmus, during the commissioning of the new Student Union Arcade at LASU, Ojo, on Thursday, December 2, 2021.

Cult Clash: 12 Suspects Arrested By Police In Lagos

Resulting from rival cult clash in some parts of Agege yesterday evening, which prompted speedy intervention of Rapid Response Squad (RRS), 12 suspects were arrested in areas such as Mulero, Agbotikuyo, Papa Ashafa, Dopemu Road, Abibatu Street, Ashefun etc.

Commissioner of Police, CP Hakeem Odumosu, has directed Commander, RRS, CSP Yinka Egbeyemi to transfer all for prosecution.

Meanwhile, Commander, RRS, CSP Yinka Egbeyemi, has appealed to parents, CDAs and community leaders to assist the police in fishing out cultists and miscreants disturbing their communities, noting that these criminals are not ghosts.

He added that unless peace is restored, the patrol teams would not leave the affected communities.

#EndSARS: Lagos White Paper Reveals ‘Alleged Lekki Massacre’ To Be Concocted Lie, Blackmail

The Lagos government says the testimony of John Obafunwa, a pathologist who appeared before the judicial panel on police brutality, shows that there was no massacre at the Lekki tollgate on October 20, 2020.

In June, Obafunwa appeared before the panel to say three, out of 99 bodies examined after the #EndSARS protests were from the Lekki axis of the state.

The pathologist also explained that only one out of the three bodies recovered from Lekki died of gunshot injury.

Commenting on Obafunwa’s testimony in its 309-page report, the panel said it “also finds that most of the 96 corpses for which autopsies were conducted by Professor Obafunwa remain unidentified but they were labelled with EndSARS, apparently lending credence to the case of the EndSARS protesters that the shootings by security agencies resulted in mass deaths within the state”.

In the report, the panel said nine persons were killed at the Lekki tollgate by soldiers in what could be described in the context of a massacre.

But in the white paper, the Lagos government said the finding of the panel that nine persons died is “irreconcilable” with the testimony of Obafunwa.

“The finding of the JPI at page 288 paragraph M is that “The evidence of the pathologist Prof Obafiania that only 3 of the bodies that they conducted post mortem examination on were from Lekki and only one had gunshot injury and this was not debunked. We deem it credible as the contrary was not presented before the panel,” the white paper reads.

”The JPI’s finding of nine (9) deaths is therefore irreconcilable with the evidence of Prof. Obafunwa that only one (1) person died of gunshot wounds at 7:43pm at LTG on 21st October 2020.

“Having held that there was no evidence before it to the contrary of what Prof Obafunwa said. The question is where did the JPI then get its finding of nine (9) deaths? (see table at pages 297-298).

“This finding of nine (9) deaths at LTG on 20th October 2020 is even more baffling because apart from listing out their names in tabular form at pages 297-298, the JPI offered no explanation regarding the circumstances of their death. The names simply sprang up at pages 297-298 of the report without any justification.

“On the basis of the above fundamental inconsistencies in the findings of the JPI regarding the nine (9) deaths at LTG and particularly because the findings are clearly and manifestly not supported by evidence before the JPI as attested to by the JPI itself.

“When it said there was no contrary evidence to that of Prof. Obafunwa that only one person died at LTG of gunshot wounds on 21 October 2020. The state government is therefore unable to accept the finding that nine (9) people died of gunshot wounds at LTG on 20th October 2020.

“It also follows that the irresistible conclusion to be drawn from the JPI’s acceptance of Prof Obafunwa’s testimony that only one (1) person died of gunshot wounds, at LTG on 21 October 2020 is that there was no massacre, LTG, contextual or otherwise.”

EndSARS: Falz, Mr Macaroni Reject Sanwo-Olu’s Invite For Peace Walk

Popular comedian, Mr Macaroni and singer, Falz have reacted to the Lagos State Governor, Babajide Sanwo-Olu’s invitation for ‘A Walk for Peace.’

On Tuesday 30th November, Governor Sanwo called on notable celebrities such as Falz, Mr Macaroni, Seun Kuti and so on to join him for a peace walk while insisting that the state requires true healing following the #EndSARS protest that occurred last year.

Governor Sanwo-Olu who disclosed that he would be leading the walk also made a clarion call for the youths, members of the diplomatic corps, civil society groups, students and the media to join him.

Reacting to this, Mr Macaroni taking to his Twitter handle publicly declined the invitation as he wrote:

“I humbly decline the Invitation of Mr Governor. The Government themselves set up a panel. The panel has made recommendations. I believe that genuine peacemaking will begin by first implementing the recommendations of the panel. Then we can begin to trust the government.

Ex-Convict, Oluwatobi, Bags Fresh 28Years For Internet Scam

Justice Mahmud Abdulgafar of the Kwara State High Court, Ilorin on Monday, November 29, 2021 convicted a 29-year-old ex-convict, Joshua Ajayi Oluwatobi for impersonating the Dean Student Affairs, University of Ilorin and others to defraud unsuspecting students seeking to pay school fees and hostel accommodation.

The Ilorin Zonal Command of the EFCC, had on Tuesday, November 23, 2021 arraigned Oluwatobi on a four-count charge bordering on fraud, attempt to defraud and impersonation, to which he pleaded guilty.

Oluwatobi, had sometime in June 2020 been convicted by Justice Sikiru Oyinloye of the Kwara State High Court for similar offence.

You cannot copy content of this page