We have sufficient land’ — Sanwo-Olu woos investors to Lagos

Babajide Sanwo-Olu, governor of Lagos, says the state is “ready” to absorb investors from all parts of the country.

The governor said Lagos has sufficient land to accommodate more investment opportunities.

He spoke on Tuesday at the inauguration of the Dangote Fertiliser Plant — the largest in Africa and second-largest in the world.

President Muhammadu Buhari had earlier inaugurated the three million metric tonnes plant situated in Ibeju Lekki.

Sanwo-Olu said it was pertinent to replicate the strides of Aliko Dangote across the country.c

“How do we ensure that indeed, we put other Aliko Dangotes in other parts of this country and they can domesticate all of these great initiatives,” he said.

“So, the story is not about him today, it’s about all of us. How many others do you want to build? Lagos is home and is ready.

“We’re ready for business, Lagos is open for investment. We have sufficient land for you. Don’t think that it’s Kebbi, Kaduna that have land. We have sufficient land for you to absorb all of your investments that you might be thinking about.”

The governor said the state will be inaugurating the largest rice mill in the country in the next two months.

He said the rice mill and the fertiliser plant will improve job creation and empower farmers across the country.

Hunger led ex-Super Eagles stars to endorse Tinubu, says Sowore

Omoyele Sowore has berated a group of former Nigerian internationals for paying a visit to the National Leader of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Bola Tinubu.

Sowore, in a post on his verified social media accounts, described the retired footballers’ visit to the APC presidential hopeful as one “driven by hunger.”

On Saturday, the ex-Super Eagles players, which included Jay-Jay Okocha, Nwankwo Kanu, Victor Ikpeba, Peter Rufai, Tijani Babngida, Mutiu Adepoju, and Taribo West, met with Tinubu at his Lagos home ahead of the novelty football match scheduled for Sunday at Onikan Stadium.

The ex-Super Eagles players will take part in a novelty match to mark Tinubu’s 70th birthday.

“Hunger is a bastard! JJ Okocha, Kanu Nwankwo, Victor Ikpeba, Taribo West, and other ex-Super Eagles players paid Tinubu a visit today to endorse him,” wrote Sowore. “I used to think Victor Ikpeba was a smart person! Shame on these ex-soccer Super Eagles players! Imagine sending them to play for Nigeria as a team in the World Cup after they’ve expired?”

Ex-Super Eagles players pay Tinubu a visit, give their endorsement for his 2023 race

Former Super Eagles players have paid Tinubu a visit and gave their endorsement for his 2023 race.

Kanu, Okocha, Kanu Nwanko, Taribo West, Victor Ikpeba and others were present.

Pastor Taribo West in his prayer along with other Ex-super Eagles players prayed for God to establish Tinubu’s 2023 presidency movement.

He asked his God to arrest the 4 corners of this Nation so that Tinubu’s movement could be established.

Ex-Lagos State Governor, Ahmed Tinubu was surprised at the vigor of the prayers from Taribo West.

He therefore thanked them for their service to country as they shared with him, their plans towards the novelty football match being organised to celebrate his birthday in a few days. He also spoke extensively about Nigeria’s upcoming qualifiers for the World Cup at Qatar.

“Together, we will soar like eagles. That’s my prayer for Nigeria”, said Tinubu.

Five Man Robbery Gang Arrested In Ogun

ODUDUWA NEWS got a report that the Ogun State Police Command has announced arrest of a five-man robbery gang terrorizing Iperu/Shagamu/Ode Remo, Ogun State.

In a statement signed by DSP Abimbola Oyeymi Police, Public Relation Officer, Ogun State, Commander, he said the suspects, Moruf Abidogun, Usman Adeyemi, Fisayo Aliu, Afees Adesina and Dauda Lekan were arrested following a distress call received by the DPO Iperu divisional headquarters that the hoodlums were operating along Ogere road, where they were dispossessing innocent members of the public of their belongings.

Upon the distress call, the DPO Iperu division SP Waheed Oni quickly moblised his men in conjunction with the

area command’s anti-robbery team, Shagamu anti-robbery team, Ogere patrol team and moved to the scene.

On sighting the policemen, the hoodlums who have already snatched a Toyota Corolla car with registration number GGE 733 FL took to their heels but they were hotly chased by the policemen and five of them were apprehended.

Preliminary investigation revealed that the gang has their base in Lagos, but used to come to Iperu for operation because one of them is residing in the town.

Recovered from them are; one locally made pistol and a Toyota Corolla car with registration number GGE 733FL.

Meanwhile, the commissioner of police CP Lanre Bankole has ordered the immediate transfer of the suspects to state criminal investigation and intelligence department for discreet investigation.

Bamise’s Death: Family rejects planned autopsy, police suspend exercise

The family of the late Bamise Ayanwole, the 22-year-old fashion designer allegedly killed by a BRT driver in Lagos, has rejected an alleged plan by the Nigeria Police to conduct an autopsy on the body of the deceased.
Rather, the family demanded that the police should ensure that the dress the late Bamise wore at the time of her death as well as her mobile phone and other personal belongings were not tampered with.
An elder brother of the deceased, Pelumi, told City Round on Friday that the bereaved family was only given a 24-hour notice by the police that a post-mortem would be carried out on Thursday.

Pelumi said the family considered the notice to be inadequate to arrange for an independent pathologist to ensure fairness.

“We were informed by the Nigeria Police that they would love to conduct the autopsy. They called us on Wednesday to conduct the autopsy on Thursday and we feel such a time would not be enough for us to gather experts who will witness and participate in the autopsy.

“In all fairness, the Nigeria Police, Lagos Bus Services Limited, and the Lagos State Government can bring as many (pathologists) as they want but I think, in all fairness, we also deserve to present ours who would be neutral and give us an honest analysis. I want to thank the Investigating Police Officer at Panti. As soon as we rejected yesterday’s time for the autopsy, he did not go-ahead to put us aside.”
While reiterating the call for justice, the brother of the deceased added, “Autopsy or no autopsy, we believe the case is a clear one. Bamise boarded their vehicle; she was supposed to alight at Oshodi but they did not drop her at Oshodi. And it was the Nigeria Police that took the body to the morgue. The following day, we started looking for Bamise and we contacted all the police stations possible, and it shows there is no synergy.

“So, I would say the Police Service Commission should look into this. They (police) seem helpless. They saw the evidence – all the video and voices. They listened to them but they look so helpless and it is now a culture, which is very wrong. Nobody believes the police any longer.
“Bamise had a phone with her. Where is that phone? Bamise was well-dressed when she boarded the vehicle. Where is her dress? As a lady, she should be carrying a handbag. Where is the handbag? There are lots of questions that even without the autopsy, all the culprits can be easily apprehended.”

Counsel for the family, Ayo Ademiluyi, said the Lagos State Government was a party to the crime of the murder of the late Bamise Ayanwola and could not sit as a judge in its case.
“We are calling for a two-week period within which the family can assemble a team of pathologists. We have widely consulted with medical consultants and we have been graciously advised that in this country, there are eminent pathologists that can be engaged on behalf of the family for the autopsy,” Ademiluyi added.

While confirming that an autopsy had earlier been scheduled to hold on Thursday, the Police Public Relations Officer, Benjamin Hundeyin, said the police were awaiting feedback from the family on a date for the autopsy.
Hundeyin said, “The autopsy was planned for Thursday. The family was duly informed but at the very last minute, the family opted out. They said Thursday was not convenient for them, that they should be given some time to have a meeting and come up with a new date, and that they don’t have absolute confidence in the government’s pathologist, so they would like to appoint a pathologist from their end who’s going to be part of the team carrying out of the autopsy.
“Why would they hold a press briefing when they haven’t given us feedback? We are waiting for them to come up with a date and their pathologist. There are standard operations for handling exhibits, so why would anybody tamper with them (Bamise’s belongings) knowing that they could give clues that would help in solving the crime?”

NDLEA Arrests 73 Drug Offenders, Seizes 1,781.85 Kg Of Indian Hemp In Osun

The National Drug Law Enforcement Agency, NDLEA, Osun Command said it has arrested 73 persons in connection with drug offences and seized 1,781.854 kg of Indian hemp between January and February.

Yomade Ogunbiyi, the state NDLEA Commandant, made this known in Osogbo, during an interview with the News Agency of Nigeria, NAN, on Thursday.

Mr Ogunbiyi spoke against the backdrop of the agency’s war against illicit drugs and drug abuse.

He said that the command arrested 43 people, and seized 1,554.232 kg of hemp in January, while 30 people were arrested and 227.622 kg were seized in February.

“The agency also achieved one conviction in January and five convictions were achieved in February.

“In line with President Muhammadu Buhari’s War Against Drugs Abuse (WADA) initiative, the NDLEA also carries out counseling and rehabilitation for drug addicts,” Mr Ogunbiyi said.

He said the agency was now focusing on the WADA initiative to prevent people from using drugs as well as reforming, rehabilitating and reintegrating drug addicts back into the society.

Mr Ogunbiyi said that the NDLEA was planning to build six rehabilitation centres, one in each of the six geo-political zones, as part of its counseling and rehabilitation work.

“Though NDLEA is mostly known for making arrests, seizure of drugs and prosecution of suspects, the agency’s second mandate, key to our operation, is preventing people from using drugs.

“We also carry out public enlightenment, counseling and providing after care services to addicts, to help reduce the negative effect of drug abuse in the country,” he said.

Gbenga Ilesanmi Ashaolu
For Gemtv Africa

Ekiti Man Jailed Six Months For Attempted Cyber Fraud In Kwara

The Ilorin Zonal Command of the EFCC, on Wednesday March 16, 2022 secured the conviction of one Adeshina Michael Oluwafemi from Ekiti State, for posing as a white man in an attempt to defraud his unsuspecting victims.


Adeshina was convicted and sentenced to six months imprisonment by Justice Adenike Akinpelu of the Kwara State High Court in Ilorin, after the judge found him guilty of one count charge levelled against him by the Commission.

Ogun To Partner Lagos On Rail Transportation

Gov. Dapo Abiodun has announced that Ogun and Lagos state governments have opened discussions on how to extend the ongoing construction of blue and red line of the Lagos light rail to connect some parts of Ogun especially from Agbado to Kajola (Ifo) and Okokomaiko to Agbara Industrial Estate in order to fast track the movement of people and goods across the two states.

This is one of the benefit of Lagos and Ogun joint commission agreement signed by Gov. Dapo Abiodun of Ogun and Gov. Sanwo-Olu of Lagos.

With this development people residing in Ifo, Ewekoro, etc can now prepare to have a train ride from Kajola trainstation to Marina station if all things is equal as announced.

Music Icon, 2Face Idibia Donates Music Studio To OAU

A music studio has been donated to the Obafemi Awolowo University, Ife by an award-winning music legend, Innocent Idibia popularly known as 2Face.

Innocent Idibia was present at the inauguration of the studio, which took place on Tuesday.

Speaking during preeentation, the benue born international musician said “the gesture is to support the institution in disvovering and developing talents in the entertainment. He added that he was honoured for the presentation of award to him by the institution management.

The Vice-Chancellor of the institution, Professor Eyitope Ogunbodede, in his welcome address, appreciated the singer. He revealed that OAU now has the best recording studio in any Nigerian university, thanks to 2Baba.

Hausa Okada Rider Allegedly Rapes 13-Year-Old Girl In Saki

ODUDUWA NEWS gathered that ysterday 14th of March 2022, a Hausa Okada rider named Muhammad allegedly raped a 13-year-old girl in Saki when she was hawking goods.

Saki indigenes have been alleging that okada riders used to mask up during their work lately to carry out their nefarious activities. It was also learnt that two weeks ago, an eighty years old man raped eleven years old girl at an area called Otun in Saki.

It was gathered that Muhammad arrested yesterday morning at KAARA where it was about to escape.

You cannot copy content of this page