In a statement released today by the Executive Governor of Ogun State, Dapo Abiodun stated below:
Dapo Abiodun said “I have approved certain tax reliefs to be immediately effected by the Ogun State Internal Revenue Service towards cushioning COVID-19 economic effects on our taxpayers. These include:
- 6-month deadline extension for filling of 2019 income tax returns by the self employed/informed sector from March 31, 2020 to September 30.
- 8-month extension of filling of 2019 annual PAYE returns by PAYE operators/tax agents from January 31, 2020 to September 30, as well as complete waiver of interest and penalty for late filling for the extension period.
- Complete waiver of interest and penalty for late remittance of monthly PAYE for the extension period.
- Same waiver for late payment of Direct Assessment/Personal Income Tax by the self employed from January 1, 2020 to December 31.
- Waiver of weekly tax by operators and promoters of pool and betting businesses from April 1, 2020 to June 30.
The Tax Audit Reconciliation Committee (TARC) will also henceforth adopt video conferencing as the default mode for their meetings to continue ensuring ease of doing business while maintaining physical distancing.
As taxpayers make payments to the State’s designated accounts in approved banks, I urge them to make the best use of these reliefs.”